Pages

Monday 28 December 2015

3 Questions to Ask Yourself When Setting Goals This Year

2016 is nearly here!
Do you know what you want to do this New Year?

2015 becomes 2016

Sometimes it’s hard to figure out what goals to set.  It doesn’t matter if you are setting goals for the infamous “New Year’s Resolutions” or at some other time of the year.  If you are as stumped as a tree, take a look at these questions to get those goals uprooted:

  1. How did you feel about your life this time last year? Question marks
    Are things the same? better? worse?  Have others noticed a difference in you?  What changes are necessary for improvements to be made?
  2. What do you want to have accomplished by the time you die?
    A great way to figure this one out is by writing your own obituary.  What do you want to be known for?  What would you need to do to die happy or at least satisfied with your life?
  3. Do you see an unfulfilled need in your community?
    Say you are the catalyst for change in this situation; what would you do to make a difference?  How can you inspire others to help?

I know these questions can be tough to answer.  They are deeply personal – but that deepness is absolutely essential if you want to make any improvements! 

The most eye-opening exercise I have done was writing my obituary over a year ago.  It helped me decide what I want to become and what personal successes I hope others will see in me.  Most of it was about what moral characteristics I hope to develop and what I hope to do (ie. goals I hope to accomplish) to become that type of person.

Will you consider these questions when creating goals for this New Year?  What else do you ask yourself when formulating new goals to set?

Next week’s topic: [My First Impression of Depression]

Don’t forget to download your free Microsoft Excel 2013 “templates” for setting up your family’s budget for 2016!  Make it a goal to be more financially aware this year!

Family Budget "Templates" for 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy

Feel free to comment on my blog posts. I’d love to hear what you have to say about each topic, whether you agree with me or not – and especially if you have questions or concerns. If you’d like to send a more personal note, please email me at kristina.greep@gmail.com. I will try to respond to all comments and questions within the week I post each blog, and then periodically afterwards. Any and all comments containing profanity or irrelevant material will be deleted without notice.