Pages

Monday 30 May 2016

What Happens When The Parents Leave Town

In the summer of 2010, my parents left my siblings and I at home for a few days while they went on a trip by themselves.  I had just graduated high school; April had finished grade 10; William, grade 7; Douglas, grade 5.

My mom remembers coming home to a clean house, the table set, and dinner and dessert ready to be served.  I don't remember anything but the silly skits we did.


Shakespeare Meets Cavemen

The first video is a rough edit of two takes.  The script was written by some friends and I for an English project in high school.  The assignment required us to have some large number of Shakespearean insults made from a combination of words in a list we were given and then perform the skit in front of the class.  For whatever reason, my siblings and I decided it would be fun to do a video of it ourselves.

To outline what you will see, two girls travel in time and come across two cavemen.  The girls are disgusted by the cavemen and the cavemen are frightened by these intruders.  Insults inspired by Shakespearean texts are tossed back and forth between all four characters as the book, "A Midsummer Night's Dream," is passed around.




The Time Machine

The following video is an improvisation inspired by the previous skit.  A nerdy girl builds a time machine and travels through time to find oddly behaving cavemen who get the chance to try out the time machine.




Have you done any silly things while your parents went away?  What did you do?

Next week's topic: [A *Tevia* Special]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy

Feel free to comment on my blog posts. I’d love to hear what you have to say about each topic, whether you agree with me or not – and especially if you have questions or concerns. If you’d like to send a more personal note, please email me at kristina.greep@gmail.com. I will try to respond to all comments and questions within the week I post each blog, and then periodically afterwards. Any and all comments containing profanity or irrelevant material will be deleted without notice.